We, at Metraco, are fully aware of the importance of sustainability and we take great effort in applying sustainable solutions for the benefit of our environment, our employees and our work.
We are certified from ICS (The Initiative for Compliance and Sustainability), which specializes on enhancing working conditions along global supply chains of its member retailers and brands. We will keep being audited to better improve our practices.
We are also, certified from BSCI (The Business Social Compliance Initiative), a leading business-driven initiative for companies committed to improving working conditions in the global supply chain.
Metraco, constantly looks for solutions to improve its employees working standards, while finding ways to repurpose its waste for the benefit of the environment.
- Textile industry is unfortunately responsible for producing fabric waste. We founded our own infant brand to repurpose our waste fabrics by creating babywear. We seperate other unusable fabric wastage and send them to recycling facilities.
- Other human and industrial waste such as; plastic bottles, polybags, parcel tape, bobbin, paper etc. are all separeted and accordingly sent to appropriate recycling facilities.
- All of our polybags, carton boxes and parcel tapes are recyclable
- Furthermore, we encourage and advise our employees to avoid single use plastics. We never use one polybag for a single garment unless its a customers specific request.
- In order to reduce our paper waste, we are using a fully electronic system by using computers & tablets throughout our facilities.
- The chemical usage has been reduced significantly throughout our wash house and our print house. In our print house, 85% of our prints are made using waterbased paint. Even though our production capacity has increased by %30 in 2019, our chemical usage has decreased by %15 compared to previous years (2017-2018).
- We manage a schedule for our wash house to reduce water waste by maximizing the amount of garments per wash. We avoid to run a machine unless a certain volume of garments is achieved. Our washing machines are re-adjusted to use less water. Last year (2019) we decreased our water usage by %18.
- We partner with fabric manufacturers & dye houses that are envoirmentally conscious. We try to promote usage of organic, recylcled and sustainable fabrics throughout our customers.
- Transportation by company buses is provided to all of our employees to reduce gas emission.
- We value a long life span for our products to avoid contributing to the garment waste. We put great effort into manufacturing very good quality garments to ensure they last for a long time and to decrease unnecessary sample making.
- Kocaeli-Bizimköy is not only a production facility but also a Social Responsibility Project, in which we employ around 90 workers with disabilities.We arrange work distribution according to the specific disabilities of our employees and provide them the opportunity to contribute to the general workforce. With this unique project, we have won the award for “Best Job Creation & Business Development Project” by the International Chamber of Commerce in May 2015.
- Metraco values women’s labor force greatly. 75% of our employees are female. Each year since 2015 we are awarded by the Municipality of Izmit and İŞKUR (Turkish Employment Agency) for our effort and investment in women empowerment.
- In our facility, we provide our employees with an in-house full-time doctor for their medical care.
- Protective garments, masksand equipmentare supplied to necessary departments where chemicals and sharp objects are being used.
- We closely follow and apply Turkish Governmental Regulations to deliver the best working conditions and ethics in our facilities.
We’re Here To Help Your Business Blast Off!
Through Creative Ideas, Innovation & Sheer Determination